Friday 3 August 2007

Japanese Acupuncture Newsletter, Scottsdale, Arizona, 日本鍼灸, アリゾナ

Japanese Acupuncture Newsletter 
Volume 1, No. 7:  May, 2007 
Dear Readers, 
I thank all the members of Arizona Enlightenment Center in Goodyear who came to my presentation on April 21, 2007. It was really nice meet- ing you and I hope you enjoyed the information. Please read my other newsletters by entering my website written above.
My Shin-Do (鍼道 = The Way of My Acupuncture) 
Nakama (仲間 = The Circle of Friends) is a Japanese word for a friend or friends, but it has a connotation of a group or a circle of friends. I write about it because of a recent incident compelled me to a rm how impor- tant my nakama is and it is time that I state my mode of practice. My patients are my nakama and the circle of friends. I will protect and help them no matter what my personal circumstance is. It is in the spirit of the circle, I function and heal people. No one will take away my heal- ing right, for there are so many people who need help. As long as I am healthy and capable, I will protect and heal my nakama. This is my Shin-Do, the way of acupuncture.
 
Acupuncture Is Good For 
Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine have been existing for over 2000 years and has been dealing with many more ailments than western medi- cine has. Acupuncture is good for almost every ailment, yet as soon as I finish my talking, people ask me if acupuncture is good for this or that, or if I am specialized in this or that. I have decided to list an old index of some ailments a Japanese master treated.
From an index of Bunshi Shirota (below is an incomplete listing): 

Ear problems:  tinnitus, earache, discharge, tympanitus, etc. 
Eye problems:  decreased vision, eye pain, etc. 
Digestive problems:  colitis, dysentery, duodenum ulcer, diarrhea, morning diarrhea, etc. 
Genital problems:  hernia of testicles, testitis, etc. 
GYN problems:  endometriosis, uterine fibroid, irregular menstruation, leukorrhea, etc. 
Heart problems:  pericarditis, angina, myocardial infarction, 
Kidney problems:  nephritis, nephrosclerosis, spermatorrhea, bed wetting, etc. 
Liver problems:  hepatomegaly, cirrhosis, hepatitis, etc. 
Sinus problems:  sinusitis, sneezing, empyema, etc. 
Spinal problems:  herniated disk, lower back pain, etc. 
Stomach problems stomach pain, ulcer, spasm, ascites, prolapse, inflammation, acid reflex, cancer, bloating, coldness, etc 
Teeth problems:  upper and lower toothache, gingivitis, jaw, etc. 
Throat problems:  laryngitis, nasopharyngitisx, laryngopharyngitis, etc. 
Urination problems:  UTI, etc. 
Achilles tendinitis 
Anemia 
Appendicitis 
Aphasia 
Aphagia 
Apnea 
Ascites 
Asthma 
Basedow's disease (Graves' disease) 
Beriberi 
Bitter taste 
Body order 
Breathing problem 
Chest pain, fullness 
Cold and flu 
Cough 
Constipation 
Convulsion 
Detoxification 
Diabetes 
Di cult delivery 
Di cult to produce milk 
Diphteria 
Dry mouth 
Encepharitis, brain hemorrhage 
Facial paralysis 
Fatigue 
Finger pain 
Foot problems 
Gallbladder stone, kidney stone, bladder stone 
Headache, head pain 
Hemoptysis 
Hemorrhoid 
Hernia 
Hypertension, lower blood pressure 
Hysteria, mania 
Infertility 
Insomnia 
Irregular pulse 
Jaundice 
Joint pain 
Knee pain and dysfunction 
Lacrimatory 
Malaria 
Neuralgia 
Neurosis 
Oketsu (Stagnation Blood) 
Over weight 
Paralysis 
Peritonitis 
Periostitis 
Pleuritis 
Poisoning 
Polio 
Prostatitis 
Raynaud's disease 
Rheumatism 
Skin disease 
Shoulder pain 
Spinal caries 
Sprain 
Stroke 
Sweating 
Syphilis, gonorrhea 
TB 
Thumb pain 
Thyroid 
Tonsilitis 
Trachoma 
Tumor 
Typhoid 
Vomiting 
etc. 
Again, this is an incomplete list.  Dr. Shirota treated many more ailments than what I could list here.  

Acupuncture Is Not A Specialization 
A few people asked me if I was specialized in something, i.e., infertility. My answer to the question is that I do not know of any master who was and is specialized in something for an acupuncture treatment. Speciali- zation belongs to western medicine and not to Oriental Medicine. Orien- tal Medicine deals with the balancing of the whole body, and so doing, it treats the Tai Chi. Acupuncturist should not be afraid of any ailment a patient may bring. In my humble opinion, specialization by an acupunc- turist only exposes weakness of his or her skill. Learn from ancient Chi- nese.  They treated everything with courage, stubbornness, and audacity: this is why we benefit today.
 
© 2007  Dr. Y. Frank Aoi/Japanese Acupuncture 

No comments: