Saturday 23 June 2012

Japanese Acupuncture, Phoenix, AZ (日本鍼灸、アリゾナ)
 
Japanese Acupuncture (480) 246-0624
600 N. 4th Street, Unit 147, Phoenix, AZ 85004

More Testimonials
Frank has worked wonders on my lower back. He helped to relieve the compression that none of the chiropractors I had been seeing were able to. I continue to see him for energetic/mental balancing and general wellness and always leave his space feeling a significant shift.             Nikki A/Yoga Instructor

Frank is an amazing practitioner.  I had seen another acupuncturists for some hormone issues and after 6-months I experienced very little change.  I found Frank when I moved to Arizona five years ago and within two visits I saw major improvements and was feeling much better.  I now see him once/month for “maintenance” to keep my hormones balanced and body healthy.  I’ve referred Frank to family and friends who have complained of a variety of ailments from back pain to migraines to anxiety – they are all amazed at how quickly they feel better after seeing him.  As experienced and intuitive as he is, he continues to invest in and improve his technique.  Acupuncture is an art form and it can be difficult to find the right practitioner – Frank is the right one and I’m so grateful to have found him.                         Julie H/Holistic Health Counselor


Japanese Acupuncture Newsletter, Phoenix, Arizona
Volume 3, No. 10, June, 2012

Oriental Medicine & On Human Conditions
Chapter Three
Spleen:  Worry, Harmony, and Illumination  #10

淡粧濃抹総相宜

All Is Well
Among Chinese words, I like the simple word, “hao ().”  It means well, good, and much.  I personally think it is a fit word for the Spleen Element.  Because when the Spleen is in balance, everything is “hao.”  I have decided to end this chapter by quoting a poem by Su Shi.

When the Spleen Element is functioning properly and when we are in harmony, acceptance and generosity take over us, and we are in balance. 

A famous Chinese poet, Su Shi (蘇軾, aka, 蘇東坡, Su Dong Po) went to the West Lake (西湖), known for its beauty (and still a famous tourist destination).  He experienced a fine day at the lake, but when rain came, he did not negate it as unpleasant.  For him, it really did not matter if it were a fine day or a rainy day.  Of course, a beautiful sunny day at the lake is wonderful, but a rainy day is exquisite.  He also compares the lake to one of the most beautiful women in Chinese history (her name is similar to the name of the lake, 西葹) and says a woman with light makeup or with heavy makeup, all is well (if it is perfectly suitable and right for her). 

Being in the center and without judgment:
What is the meaning of life?  Hao ()!
What is the sound of one-hand-clapping?  Hao ()!
All whats, hao!
All whys, hao!
All hows, hao!

No matter what happens, everyday is a good day.  Hao ()!
All is well......…hao ().

水光歛艶晴方好
[the light reflecting from the (lake) water is shimmering, it is sunny and is truly a fine day]
山色空濛雨亦奇
[(the color of) mountain is fuzzy, and rain is also exquisite.]
欲把西湖比西子
[if I were to compare the West Lake to Xi Zi (a famous beauty)]
淡粧濃抹総相宜
[light (almost none, natural) makeup or heavy makeup (perfection), all is well]
                             蘇軾(Su Shi): 『飲湖上、初晴後雨』
Namaste

Love is anterior to life,
Posterior to death,
Initial of creation, and
The exponent of breath.
                      Emily Dickinson

(all my newsletters are found at my website:  www.japanacupuncture.com)

© 2012 Dr. Y. Frank Aoi (NM State)/Japanese Acupuncture, LLC


No comments: